… And the winner is Marsala 18-1438!!!
Marsala enriches our mind, body and soul, exuding confidence and stability. Marsala is a subtly seductive shade, one that draws us in Leatrice Eiseman – Executive Director, Pantone Color Institute®
to its embracing warmth.”
Like the color of the wine produced in the italian region of Marsala(is the most populated town in Trapani District and the fifth in Sicily), this pantone has a grounding red-brown roots which emanates a sophisticated and natural earthiness.
Marsala’s plush characteristics are enhanced when the color is applied to textured surfaces, making it an ideal choice for rugs and upholstered living room furniture.
Nurturing and fulfilling, Marsala is a natural fit for the kitchen and dining room.
The qualities of Marsala make for an elegant statement color when the color is used on its own or as a compelling accent when paired with many other colors.
About the PANTONE Color of the Year in the last 15 years.
- PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid (2014)
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)